Five off-beat questions and answers with administrators, faculty, and students.
1. As an immigrant from England, what do you consider the funniest difference between British English and American English?
The insistence that by taking away letters from words, Americans somehow think they’re being efficient.
2. People might be surprised that you prefer American football to soccer. Why?
Soccer is played by whiny, melodramatic weasels, and there are no real rules.
3. Who is the last person on Earth you want to be stuck in an elevator with?
Any Fox News personality
4. OK, you’ve been asked to vote for the funniest film ever made—what is it?
The Emperor’s New Groove
5. What food best represents the coming holidays?
Sickness-inducing amounts of candy.